|Lunchroom/Playground Assistant (23 positions)|
Date Posted: 7/31/2020
Date of Availability: ASAP
Date Closing: until filled
Title: Lunchroom/Playground Assistant
**Note** This is a 1 year position. Positions will be eliminated at the end of the 2020-2021 SY
|Grades 10-12||4 openings||2.5 hours per day|
|Grade 9||1 opening||2.5 hours per day|
|Grades 7-8||2 opening||2 hours per day|
|Grades 4-6||5 openings||3.5 hours per day|
|Grades 2-3||5 openings||3.5 hours per day|
|Grades K-1||6 openings||3 hours per day|
Under the direct supervision of the building Principal, to assist in maintaining an orderly and safe atmosphere in the cafeteria, on the playground, and in other designated locations by helping and supervising students at mealtime and playtime in accordance with Board policy and established district procedures.
DAYS PER YEAR: 193 days, includes 9 paid holidays
HOURS PER DAY: See above chart
SALARY RANGE: Salary starts at $14.35 per hour
- Assists in supervising students in the cafeteria during mealtime.
- Assists in making sure that tables and surrounding areas are clean.
- Assists in supervising the playground/classroom during the lunch hour.
- Assists students with orderly food purchases, distribution of food, disposal of food waste, and return of trays and utensils.
- Ensures that students remain seated in assigned areas throughout their time in the cafeteria.
- Circulates among assigned tables during the mealtime to be available as needed.
- Organizes groups of students for orderly dismissal from the cafeteria.
- Reports to teachers, principal, nurse and/or security personnel as appropriate regarding infractions, safety concerns, injuries, or other issues involving students.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain composure and perform responsibilities under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about students in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and district guidelines.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard school environment and in outdoor weather.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Educational Aide Permit issued by the Ohio Department of Education.
- Successful prior experience working as a lunch or food service aide, preferably in a school district or with children.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
The Twinsburg City School District affirms that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity conducted under its auspice.